Timber Team International A/S was originally founded on sound environmental standards and principles and an Environmental Policy is an integral part of the Company’s Business Strategy.
Environmental and resource management is a genuine and ongoing concern. Timber Team International A/S is therefore committed to purchasing increasing volume of timber from areas that guarantee supply from certified sources and ensure the sustainability of the resource.
Our aims are :
- to protect our renewable resource and ensure sustainability through sound trading practices and we way we act
- to purchase timber from areas that are managed on a basis of sound regeneration
- to purchase from suppliers of timber we know maintain their own, fundamentally sound environment policies
- to ensure all our suppliers, as a minimum, ensure compliance with all statutory requirements relevant to their sources, processes and products
- to train our staff and business partners to be aware of the Company’s environmental practices
- to be able to educate prospective and existing suppliers in extraction methods which will meet with the principles of good practice in terms of protecting the resource
- to comply fully with legal obligations of EUTR on all those placing timber or timber products on the European market for the first time, and to conduct due diligence on these products to minimise the risk that they are from illegal sources
- to support various initiatives towards sustainable forestry, and encourage our trading partners to take active part in the development of sustainable forest schemes, tracking programmes, and to conduct responsible trading